Current volunteers neededs:
Read the Volunteer Blog
Our Calendar of events lets you know some of the projects we currently have going on.
Jobs for students
Read stories from the field from our very own volunteers.
Out of the box volunteer opportunities
1. Volunteer Presenters
- We train a group of people about the Shirley Heinze Land Trust core values, mission, and events. This group then goes out into their community groups, schools, libraries, etc. to give a 15 - 30 minute Shirley Heinze Land Trust presentation.
- Requirements - volunteer presenters must attend a minimun of 3 volunteer workdays and give full presentation to Shirley Heinze Land Trust staff prior to representing the organization to the public.
2. Volunteer Recruiters
- Shirley Heinze Land Trust just moved into our Meadowbrook office in Liberty Township March 1, 2013. We want to meet the community and welcome everyone to be a part of giving life back to Northwest Indiana. You can involve your friends, family, and the person that cuts your hair to come out and give life back to Northwest Indiana!
- Requirements - Well connected and proud of your home
3. Social Media volunteer
4. Website volunteer
5. Writer/ blogger/ photographer
We are currently looking for a volunteer who can write engaging stories about volunteer workdays/ events and take pictures to go along with the activity. Stories will be published in Press Releases, website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, and brochures.
6. Native plant enthusiast
- Do you know your native plants in Northwest Indiana?
- What about your invasive species?
- Friends Of Shirley Heinze (FOSH) is interested in putting in a native garden here at Meadowbrook and we would love to have you come out and earth some native plants. Contact Peg email@example.com for more information.
7. Controlled Burn volunteer
- Contact Paul firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to express your interest.
8. Volunteer Hosts
- We host many events and would like some consistent volunteer hosts that can direct and inform guests throughout the event.